Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Limbering Up and Breaking it in!

So...I'm about to dive into the terrifying world of Blogging!  Insert requisite ominous music!  Truth be told, I'm not sure if I have anything worthy to say let alone am worthy enough to have people read it.  But...here we are.  Well, here I am.  You may not be here at all.  Deep, I know.

 I suppose I should start off by telling you a little bit about me, my life, the fam, etc.  First and foremost, I'm a fat kid.  I've always been a fat kid  in some way, shape or form. But I'm not just fat, I'm big. 6 ft tall, have size 14 feet and rock a 56'' suit jacket.  Call it big boned, large for my age or just not disciplined enough to stop at 1 helping of dessert.    In any case, I'm a fat kid.  I may reference this fact from time to time in my posts as it plays a large (pun totally intended) part of my day to day life.  For example, finding clothes that fit, attempting to exercise, or just simply finding joy in the fact that I'll always have a job playing Santa at the local mall; I'll probably comment/blog about it all.

  I grew up in a typical nuclear family; meaning the radiation severely altered our personalities.  I had a pretty happy childhood for all intents and purposes even though I grew up surrounded by mental illness (someone else's not mine).  It made life exciting!  More about that in a later post.

I met the love of my life when I was 13 years old.  Now in my mid 30's, my wife has been in my life longer than most of my friends have.  She is my best friend and confidant.  I know this because there are days that we probably could push each other in front of a moving bus, but moments later are laughing it off over a cup of coffee or a bag of chips.  I'm fat remember?

We have two 'wonderful' children; 10 and almost 7.  I have scores of words to share about both my wife and kids, but at a later time.  I'm not sure that written text can do our familial unit justice.

While I am writing these blog entries primarily for me, I hope that those of you that care to stop by and follow along find some solace or humour in these words.  If not....keep surfing folks.  The world wide web is a wild and wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment